Re: ITP: apt-listchanges (formerly debchanges)

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 10:19:30AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:

> [...]
>
> MZ> No.  This just displays the changelog for an installed package.
> MZ> apt-listchanges reads one or more .deb archives (possibly automatically from
> MZ> apt) and shows you the changelog entries for all versions LATER than the one
> MZ> currently installed on your system.  For example, if you have version 1.3-14
>
> [...]
>
> I don't see a difference with :
>
> apt-get install hello
> dblog hello
>
> Imagine for big package like netscape or tetex-extra, you need to download
> the deb to see the debian changelog ?

The fact that you don't need to install it... or even be able to
install it.

What I would really love would be an extension of this to use apt-get
source instead.  Then the build daemons could make use of it to improve
the "changes since last failed version" messages.

Dan