Re: RFC: planning bunch of wishlists for menu hints

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 11:54:11PM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 11:28:52PM +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> >
> > Maybe Apps/Viewers/TV and Apps/Viewers/Video
> > or Apps/Graphics/TV and Apps/Graphics/Video?
>
> Currently video stuff seems to have standardized to Apps/Viewers - I
> suppose TV stuff could be there as well (are they ?).

Yes, some are. E.g. fbtv and xawtv.

So we'll use Apps/Viewers/*, right?

I'll add hints="TV" to aatv (which I recently packaged, but which is not
yet in the distribution)...

I won't file bug-reports against any packages, that seems to be your job :-)

> Hints "Video" and "TV" look like a better idea than subsectionning,
> which would give deeper menus on all boxes.  We may even add "Images"
> while we're are it, and maybe something like "Document" (for gv, xdvi,
> ghostview, kghostview, xpdf - others ?)

Yes. I like the idea.

Uwe.
--