Re: kernel-patch-int, non-us and non-free.

Robert van der Meulen <rvdm@cistron.nl> writes:

> kernel-patch-int is currently in non-us. I'd like to 'remove' the parts that
> don't need to be in non-us, and put them in main, in a seperate package.

And what parts do you think this is? Traditionally crypto-code can
only go into non-us. I have no idea what the american export rules
says these days and what Debian thinks about them. I would leave
everything in non-us just to be safe.

> kernel-patch-int
> kernel-patch-int-nonus
> kernel-patch-int-nonfree
> (i hate those names)

nonus is the worst. If you keep everything in non-us it isn't so bad.

> - What goes where.
> - What goes in non-free

Just remember any license refering outside "you can do anything you
want just you apply to the guidelines given by foobar inc." is
non-free (And boom goes half the patch.

> - Am i being sane here? :)

I'm not the one to judge. I gave up on the same task.