Re: lvm - I'll maintain it. - ITP lvm24

Hello

Russell Coker schrieb:
> On 2000-12-13 12:08, Russell Coker wrote:
> >OK.  I'll create a new package named lvm24 which conflicts with lvm and
> >provides lvm.
>
> Here are my latest plans for LVM packaging:
>
> Have packages lvm081, lvm09, etc providing lvm which don't conflict with each
> other.

That's how it should be, thanks.

> They will install files in /sbin/lvm081, /lib/lvm081,
> /sbin/lvm09 and /lib/lvm09 directories At boot time a script
> in a package lvm-common (which all other lvm* packages will
> depend on) will check the lvm version in the kernel and create
> sym-links from /lib and /sbin to the appropriate directories
> that match the version.

Doing it with a wrapper would be much more solid and
straight-forward IMO. ie /sbin/lvcreate -> /sbin/lvm-wrapper,
lvm-wrapper detecting the version of lvm the kernel is running
and call $0-$version "$@".

> It's a bit ugly but it seems to be the only way to do it.

Well, it's not the only way ...

ciao, 2ri
--
No, I'm not going to explain it.  If you can't figure it out, you didn't
want to know anyway...  :-)