Re: basque language...

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 11:57:30AM +0100, Elena Lazkano Ortega wrote:
> we are some people interested in translating Linux to basque language, and
> we will like to know what steps should we follow.

Go to the Translation Project:
<http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/HTML/>, and email
get you started translating Linux.

I'm not nessecarily suggesting this, as you said you want to translate
Linux, but a lot of teams seem to like to get a GUI enviroment
translated first, rather than starting with libc, bash, and other
commandline items. If so, take a look at <http://i18n.kde.org> and
<kde-i18n@lists.kde.org> and <gnome-i18n@gnome.org>. Both Gnome and KDE
boast some translation into Basque, so no matter what you do, you may
want to get in contact with their respective teams listed on
<http://i18n.kde.org/teams/index.shtml> for KDE and
<http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html> for Gnome.

On the third paw, if you want to translate Debian,
<debian-i18n@lists.debian.org> is a better place to ask for help than
debian-devel is.

--
David Starner - dvdeug@hushmail.com