Re: lvm - I'll maintain it.

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> The lvm package in woody does not work on the latest kernels.  There
> is a 230 day old bug report about this.

> I believe that no-one uses this feature on old kernels so this makes
> the package unusable.

I do!  I'm running a 2.2.18pre something kernel with the patch in
/usr/share/doc/lvm.

> I want to package the latest version and create a set of boot floppy images
> that include support for it.

How about packaging both versions?  Is there precedent for that kind
of thing.  I guess Emacs is one---there's an emacs19 and an emacs20.
How about doing the same sort of thing with the lvm utilities?
Alternatively, if there is one, provide a suitable kernel patch for
the latest protocol---I think the disk format is the same, so that
would also be workable.

[...]