Re: cleaning up our task packages

On 11.XII.2000 at 19:42 Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > How to solve easily the colision with the two purposes of the task
> > packages?  Here is what I propose: task profiles.
>
> The way you describe task profiles are exactly what task-* packages
> are intended to do.

	No.
	Task profiles are filters for the task profiles.  The user
chooses between tasks, but not between all tasks.  Only the task
packages of the choosed task profile will be presented to him for
choosing.
	Ofcource there should be one task profile that includes all
task packages, but others will have only small selection of 15-20
packages.   This allows us to have many task packages and keep the
instalation proces simple.

Anton Zinoviev, <zinoviev@debian.org>