Re: cleaning up our task packages

In message <[🔎] 20001207103025.F17647@silk.kitenet.net>, Joey Hess writes:
>If we go down the road you are proposing, we will have effectively one
>task package per package eventually. That's why we *must* have a policy
>limiting the number of tasks.

  What's wrong with just defining a task package as 'more than one
package' and building a completely hierarchical structure?  That way
the high level case is abstract tasks (X, Web, ...) and the lower you
get the more concrete you get with the last level essentially
degenerating into dselect type selection.

It's clean, flexible, and allows for all levels of customization.

Nils.