Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 03:44:41PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  It's difficult for an amature to verify the authenticity of out of
>  state identification.  Even bartenders and police have trouble with
>  that... though the cops can at least, potentially, perform a database
>  query and get other bits of information that lead to a more probably
>  positive ID...  Hmmm.  What a concept.  Hey, Amos Shapirah!  What did
>  I have for lunch the day you bought lunch for us here in Portland?
>  Don't tell it here; ask me to tell you, so you can verify I'm really
>  the man in the photo in people.d.o:~karlheg/.

You just don't learn.  THAT PROVES NOTHING!  Absolutely _NOTHING_!  If you
spent a tiny fraction of the time you have spent trying to cheat the
process asking to arrange a keysigning, you'd have ended this weeks ago
and nobody would question whether or not you're fit to be a developer.  At
this point, I'm shocked there's any doubt in anyone's mind at all that
you're not.

James' description seems quite accurate if you ask me.

Making one brilliant decision and a whole bunch of mediocre ones isn't as
good as making a whole bunch of generally smart decisions throughout the
whole process.
        -- John Carmack