Re: ITP plex86, if it complies to DFSG

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 04:49:29PM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> >
> > plex could actually run a fullscreen mode and use the original bios
> > present, but switching between plex and not plex would be difficult
> > then.
>
> could it be configured to run on its own virtual terminal?  (as
> opposed to VMware's `take over my X session')  on powerpcs we can run
> MacOnLinux (a similer virtualization environment) on a completely
> separate virtual terminal then X allowing you to switch between it and
> the console or your X session via control alt F[1-9]

Just start a second X server. :)
If plex uses the original bios the original console or X would be
destroyed. You would have to call the chvt systemcall (or don't catch
the key combination for that in plex) to change back to another VT and
restore the settings.

Its probably too difficult to make this work, but it would be fast.

MfG
        Goswin