ITP: ezbounce -- A highly configurable IRC proxy

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

Ezbounce is a very configurable IRC proxy or 'bouncer'. Its basic
features include password protection, remote administration, logging and
listening on multiple ports. It lets you configure hosts to give access
to and which addresses and ports they may connect to. It also can be setup
to ban connections to and from certain addresses. Other features include:

  * Ability to listen and connect on different interfaces or virtual
        hosts.
  * Configurable limits on amount of clients permitted to connect from an
        address and to an address.
  * Configurable idle time limits.
  * Transparent DCC Proxying (incoming and outgoing)
  * Uses nonblocking sockets.
  * Users can set their own idents, regardless of the uid the proxy is running
    as.
  * Basic facilities to 'detach' and reattach clients from proxy but
      keep their connections to the IRC server alive.
  * Logs chats while you are detached and DCC sends them back to you
      when you reattach.
  * Ability to reload configuration at run time.
  * Can be run in the background or foreground.

More information can be found at http://druglord.freelsd.org/ezbounce/
ezbounce is released under the GNU GPL

I'm still in the NM queue, so I would be very grateful if somebody would like to sponsor
me.

--
Karl Söderström
<coldn@gamearena.net>