Re: RFC: planning bunch of wishlists for menu hints

> At last using the "hints" mechanism I have managed to get a
> pretty usable Apps/Net and a IMHO better Apps/Math with the
> following hints:

I would love you if you did that!
Programming the hints was a lot of work, and till now
I don't know of anyone who is actually using it:(
(There have been people I know that tried it, and some
that said it was nice, but nobody that actually _used_ it).

> If noone objects, I'll send a massive number of wishlist
> items for those.

Maybe to get the hints thing going in Debian, I would have
to include a couple in /usr/lib/menu/default again
(like I did all at the beginning with the menus generally).
If you agree, could you send me the /tmp/hints.tar.bz2 file
output by
  tar -cvIf /tmp/hints.tar.bz2 `grep -l hints *`
?
I'll strip them of all but the hints (and the title and section,
they are compulsary), and put them in /usr/lib/menu/default,
so that the hints will work even if not all of the
maintainers react on your bugreport.

>  Obviously it will be better to have a normative list of such
> hints as part of the menu sub-policy.

Sure. I guess your list will be the default norm:)

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com