Re: RFC: planning bunch of wishlists for menu hints
- To: joost witteveen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Yann Dirson <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: RFC: planning bunch of wishlists for menu hints
- From: Yann Dirson <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 01:15:31 +0100
- Message-id: <20001208011531.B15023@bylbo.nowhere.earth>
- In-reply-to: <383771523.976088969974.JavaMail.root@web572-mc>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:49:29AM -0500
- References: <383771523.976088969974.JavaMail.root@web572-mc>
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:49:29AM -0500, joost witteveen wrote:
> Maybe to get the hints thing going in Debian, I would have
> to include a couple in /usr/lib/menu/default again
> (like I did all at the beginning with the menus generally).
But then the hints would be shadowed by official menu files, won't
they ? I remember we had a discussion about a request of mine to add
support for just locally overriding pieces of a menu entry, but there
were problems about that and I suppose this is still not supported ?
> I'll strip them of all but the hints (and the title and section,
> they are compulsary), and put them in /usr/lib/menu/default,
> so that the hints will work even if not all of the
> maintainers react on your bugreport.
Or does this work ? That would be really great !
> If you agree, could you send me the /tmp/hints.tar.bz2 file
> output by
> tar -cvIf /tmp/hints.tar.bz2 `grep -l hints *` ?
Maybe the last list I sent will gather more feedback, so you may want
to wait a bit, do you ?
And "tar cIf ~/.menu/" is more quickly entered ;)
Yann Dirson <email@example.com> | Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
debian-email: <firstname.lastname@example.org> | Support Debian GNU/Linux:
| Cheaper, more Powerful, more Stable !
http://ydirson.free.fr/ | Check <http://www.debian.org/>