Re: Woody Progress

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, John Galt wrote:

> > > Four words: Debian 1.0
> >
> > ?
> >

> There was no Debian 1.0--just before Debian went 1.0, a vendor jumped the
> gun and had CDs pressed before the release date.  That's why we have
> codenamed releases like bo, hamm, slink, potato, etc.  There will
> hopefully never be another definite freeze date, only release goals.

I'm seeing a difference in points here. I see no problem with a definite
FREEZE date, as opposed to a definite release date. the freeze is a mere
preparation for the release. The release date should not be determined,
but freeze dates should. That can only help developers.

   < <"What Am I Doing? I'm Quietly Judging You." --Frank TJ Mackey> >
  <         <Rando Christensen / An illuzion worth believing>         >
 <  <illuzionz@xanthor.net>  <eyez@xanthor.net>  <eyez@fragments.net>  >