Re: long term goals of debian membership

On 4 Dec 2000, David N. Welton wrote:

> What if someone wants to tune in to a very specific part of
> Debian... an architecture port, for instance?  There are people who
> can do useful stuff like that and quite happily ignore most of the
> crud on -devel.

Arch porters should read -devel as well, IMO.  Information is always
flowing here, even related to the ports.  As an Alpha porter and package
maintainer, I've often been alerted of potential problems in my packages
on other archs from this list.  Sure, most of the traffic in -devel
doesn't relate to what I do, but it's valuable info that I think should be
a required read.