Re: Debian New Maintainer Status on nm.debian.org

On Saturday 02 December 2000 16:01, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Mariusz Przygodzki <dune@home.pl> [20001202 13:31]:
> > What does it mean "DAM Phone Contact: Not Required" when "Evaluation
> > and Check-in" says this action is needed to "DAM satisfied that the
> > application is complete"?
>
> The phone contact is almost never done.  I removed the information
> from http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step5
>
> > And the last question. Why some applicants have been waited for DAM
> > approval just one day and some other more then one month (and it was
>
> Read the list archives.  James made some comments on this before, and
> sometimes James posts 'reminders and notes for AMs', this information
> is very helpful in seeing how the DAM works.

Maybe it would be better put these some comments and notes on
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-amchecklist.
Of course, in case when these additonal comments and notes aren't already
included on this web page (or if they are relevant or interesting).
It would be allow to save time for review list archives.
It would be also allow to understand how the DAM works and to check by
applicants what was wrong in their AM reports and/or their NM process because
it's very difficult to do it now, especially in case when everything looks
good according to the current information on
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-amchecklist.

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.