Re: kernel with supermount

/* please forgive last little burp */

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 08:40:41PM +0100, Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:
> I have actually a Debian-only bug with a machine using a fairly stock
> kernel. The machine locks after running out of real memory and starting
> swapping. Not beeing a kernel guru I have no idea of what the problem
> could be but I have solved it by installing the stock kernel of Mandrake
> 7.1 which works fine under the same conditions (the problem is
> reproducible).

This means that Mandrake should get their bugfix included into the kernel.

However, I must agree that more or less every major distribution except us
supplies a rather heavily patched kernel.  In truth, the reason not to
patch our kernel is more in that maintaining our patches is a PITA with
the current source packages and that dbs is no substitute for a modern
source package format.  =p

We the people of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, in order to form a
more perfect operating system, establish quality, insure marketplace
diversity, provide for the common needs of computer users, promote
security and privacy, overthrow monopolistic forces in the computer
software industry, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and
our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Debian
GNU/Linux System.