Re: kernel with supermount

> Along similar lines, would it be reasonable to include the rawio patch
> for the next release?  Including it would allow glibc to pick up the
> linux/raw.h header, and allow the util-linux package to build the raw
> command.  This would be nice, as it would allow the use of (for
> example) software like Oracle to use it without rebuilding the
> kernel.

I expect this to appear in upstream kernels fairly soon.  The less work Debian
has to do to test kernels the better.  By using a fairly stock kernel, we are
not as prone to weird Debian only bugs.  Also, users tend to grab kernels from
the upstream just as often as they use the one shipped by Debian.  If
functionality suddenly disappears when the user thought they were upgrading, it
would be bad.