Re: perl5.6 error?

Joey Hess, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if this is an error with the new perl5.6, minivend(Vend),
>or the Storable module?
>
>Vend::Server: Runtime error: Magic number checking on perl storable failed at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/Storable/retrieve.al) line 203, at /var/mvend403/lib/Vend/SessionFile.pm line 66
>
>In this particular case I blew away all the old session files before
>creating new ones.

It looks like you either didn't blow away *all* the session files before
creating new ones or minivend has a bug.

Could you be writing on a different system that you are reading?
>From Storable.xs(magic_check)
 * magic_check
 *
 * Make sure the stored data we're trying to retrieve has been produced
 * on an ILP compatible system with the same byteorder. It croaks out in
 * case an error is detected. [ILP = integer-long-pointer sizes]
 * Returns null if error is detected, &PL_sv_undef otherwise.

Darren
--
<torin@daft.com><http://www.daft.com/~torin/> <torin@debian.org><perl@slut.org>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-206-ELF-LIPZ