Re: sony vaio laptops

Quoting Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org):
> Winmodem, of course. Infrared is slow, the FIR support is pretty cruddy.
I have a 505VE too - i'd love to see/know your settings for IR, as i can't
get it to work on mine..

> There are MAJOR problems with the N505 series and APM -- after a suspend,
> sound and PCMCIA stop working. They're known, reported bugs with no known
> solutions.
PCMCIA works on my machine, after a suspend. Sound didn't at first, but i
suspend trough a script, and unload my sound drivers first (and reload them
on resume). That has been working for ages now.

Greets,
	Robert

--
|      rvdm@cistron.nl - Cistron Internet Services - www.cistron.nl        |
|          php3/c/perl/html/c++/sed/awk/linux/sql/cgi/security             |