Re: sony vaio laptops

    Jordan> Anyway, I obviously want to make sure the Vaios have good
    Jordan> video graphics capabilities and excellent linux support
    Jordan> for all that is included with them.

On my N505VE, it took a little bit of work to get a CD-ROM install
working (you need to pass a kernel parameter) and sound required
(at the time) the commercial OSS drivers. Video and everything
else work great, except the Winmodem, of course. Infrared is
slow, the FIR support is pretty cruddy.  USB works if you enable
"Non Plug and Play OS" in the BIOS.  I have no idea about the
Firewire support, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

There are MAJOR problems with the N505 series and APM -- after a
suspend, sound and PCMCIA stop working. They're known, reported bugs
with no known solutions.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters B and V and the number 7.
"Hoosh is a kind of soup."