Re: esound and kernel 2.4

	Hello.
	Just to inform that I use Kernel 2.4.0-test10 with Esound 0.2.20 and I
don't have sound quality problems (tested with XMMS). I have a Creative
Labs Sound Blaster 16 (ISA, not plug&play, good old one).
	Please, if you have problems, then report them with the upstream
maintainers of esound and/or kernel people.
	Thanks.

P.s.: I don't use ALSA, just the stock kernel sound drivers compiled
statically in the kernel (not as modules, though maybe the problem could
be with modules..., someone can test this?).
P.s.2: wow! XMMS with Esound is very slow on this P166MMX!!! Normally I
use /dev/dsp of course!
P.s.3: since some time, Esound doesn't frees the /dev/dsp device
automatically after a timeout and my gnome panel doesn't emit sounds
(though other GNOME parts do), but warning, I have not yet investigated
and I am using Helix GNOME, someone knows something about this?