Re: esound and kernel 2.4

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 09:02:35PM -0300, Ivan Baldo wrote:

> Just to inform that I use Kernel 2.4.0-test10 with Esound 0.2.20 and I
> don't have sound quality problems (tested with XMMS). I have a Creative
> Labs Sound Blaster 16 (ISA, not plug&play, good old one).

Are you certain that you tested with the XMMS esound output plugin and that
with that plugin XMMS emitted no strange noise in the sound?  Also, I
believe that, when one listens to an mp3 file, the noise shows up only when
the mpg123 input plugin is configured for 44 kHz.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA