Re: Perl breakage

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Alex Romosan wrote:
> > i tried the same thing with perl-5.005 and it still doesn't work. joey
> > claims that it works on his machine with perl-5.6, but it doesn't work
> > here with any version of perl.
>
> It might help if you told us how it's failing to work. Is it
> segfaulting? Exiting with an error doing nothing?

there is no error and it's not segfaulting. it's just not doing
anything. the /usr/bin/perl link to /etc/alternatives/perl is not
created and /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/perl is not updated (it still
has the information for 5.005). i tried to trace update-alternatives
to understand what is doing, but i am not very familiar with perl.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |