Re: free alternatives to JDK

    Buddha> Given that Microsquishy is supposedly pushing for ECMA(?)
    Buddha> standardization for [...] C#?

    Stephen> In theory? Yes.

    Stephen> In practice? You gotta be kidding me!  I have no faith
    Stephen> that Microsoft will not do exactly what Sun have done,
    Stephen> release a version 2.0 and use that to change things.

Or get everyone to believe that C# will be ECMA-standardized... and
when everyone is using C# like there's nothing else, they can pull
out.  (Didn't Sun do some Standards Dance for a while too?)

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
          My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard