Re: free alternatives to JDK

>     Brian> If so, then this would appear to be a serious limitation in
>     Brian> Java, because you cannot test new programs (including new
>     Brian> open source programs, eg Cocoon2) without installing
>     Brian> non-DFSG software.
>
> IMNSHO, the problem is that most open-source Java developers don't
> consider this issue.  They focus on free as in beer not free as in
> liberty when considering Java.  Worse still, lots of them have bought
> into the marketing spin of Javasoft and simply don't read the
> conditions using Java places of the recipients of their code.  ALl
> that matters is being sexy and working in the language
> flavour-of-the-month.
>
> The concepts behind Java are good (regardless of how you feel about
> the language), but the legalities are completely screwed.

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but...

Given that Microsquishy is supposedly pushing for ECMA(?)
standardization for it's new sexy language flavour-of-the-month, is
there any hope, however small, that this will be less of a problem for
C#?

--
     Buddha Buck                             bmbuck@14850.com
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our