Re: Helix debian packages

>>>>> On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:22:30 +0200 (CEST), Marcus Crafter <crafterm@dresdnerbank.de> said:

 Marcus> Hi Martin, On 20 Oct 2000, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

 >> I hear "Helix is so much better than Debian's" - what is the
 >> difference exactly? They use the same source.

 Marcus> 	Well, I can't tell you what all the differences were -
 Marcus> 	only that when I installed Helix, lots of things had
 Marcus> 	changed in the area of the GNOME configuration tool
 Marcus> 	(extra panels with more options), sawmill which later
 Marcus> 	became sawfish, gdm, gkt-themes, etc.

 Marcus> 	Since then, I haven't switched back.

So basically you are comparing current helix gnome packages to debian
gnome packages from the time period when potato wasn't still released
(and I as a gnome maintainer wasn't producing new packages because I
still needed to easily build/bug fix potato packages).

That seems a fair comparison.

Jim
--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!