Re: Bizarre error running a program linked against a shared lib (help please!)

On 11 Oct 2000, James Troup wrote:

> I mean it's totally trashed m68k (hello world no longer compiles, last
> I checked), now this C++ problem... what's next?  Subtle errors at
> link time which cause random segfaults?  If some unreleased (not to
> mention, not-even-in-the-archive) architectures need CVS binutils
> (which is the only plausible reason anyone could give me when I asked
> on IRC), couldn't they use it just for them and/or use one in
> experimental or something?

This reminds me of one other point: are we ever going to get an unstable
i386 machine on the net for general developer access?  Some of us don't
have access to an i386 and I'd really like to test there as well.  I
understand about the sluggishness of m68k and why it's not suited for
doing the same, but I would love to get access to a PPC as well.  It's
really difficult to fully test the toolchain when you only have access to
a few archs (in my case: mips, alpha, and a very slow sparc).