Re: Bizarre error running a program linked against a shared lib (help please!)

"Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org> writes:

> I just uploaded a new binutils to fix this.  Turns out that it causes
> problems with C++ code mostly.  Sorry for the problems...it appears to
> have been a premature commit to binutils' CVS repos.

Is there a good reason why Debian is using CVS binutils (even in
unstable)?  I mean, it might be nice to have a little stability in our
tool chain if nothing else...

I mean it's totally trashed m68k (hello world no longer compiles, last
I checked), now this C++ problem... what's next?  Subtle errors at
link time which cause random segfaults?  If some unreleased (not to
mention, not-even-in-the-archive) architectures need CVS binutils
(which is the only plausible reason anyone could give me when I asked
on IRC), couldn't they use it just for them and/or use one in
experimental or something?

--
James