Re: Misclassification of packages; "libs" and "doc" sections

Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> writes:

> * Jason Henry Parker <jasonp@uq.net.au> [001011 09:54]:
> > I find it much easier to ftp to the binary-i386 directory of my
> > mirror, and perform searches like
> >
> > ftp> ls */*catan*

 This == "apt-cache --name-only search catan"

> > It saves a fair bit of time, because sections typically just get in
> > the way.  Joey is right.
>
> Why don't you use apt-get for this? Sections _are_ useful for those that
> do not know what the name of the package is, etc.

 This == "apt-cache search blah" ... or at least it's much quicker
than getting the sections wrong a couple of times.

--
James Antill -- james@and.org
"If we can't keep this sort of thing out of the kernel, we might as well