Re: Misclassification of packages; "libs" and "doc" sections

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> >  And BTW, about this `X axis'... You need some kind of qualification. It's
> > true, shadows of gray prevent us from drawing perfect lines that would
> > divide among packages... but we need those lines somewhere though.
> Why do we need those lines? When was the last time sections helped YOU?
> When was the last time they made your life more difficult?

I find it much easier to ftp to the binary-i386 directory of my
mirror, and perform searches like

ftp> ls */*catan*

It saves a fair bit of time, because sections typically just get in
the way.  Joey is right.

jason
--
``Just once I'd like a parrot to say that to me.''
                                -- Marge Simpson