Re: Debian boot system

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 05:54:19PM -0400, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> using a parallelized booting sequence probably won't make enough of a
> difference for say, car mp3 players, to boot normally, instead of using
> suspend to disk. still, it's a cool idea. as long as it can be done
> gracefully.
  Don't forget multi CPU systems. I think the effect would be pretty
dramatic when you scale up to SMP.  Well, even without SMP harddrive
latencies give you plenty of time to do other things. That's why I compile
eveything -j2.  I've clocked it at almost twice as fast, just because it
works on a different part of the compile every time one part has to wait for
the disk. YMMV

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Programming is like sex; one mistake and you have to support for a
life time.