Re: Debian boot system

from the secret journal of Simon Richter (Simon.Richter@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de):
> PS: If you have to reboot a system where downtime is important, something
> must be terribly wrong. In this case, I don't care about five seconds.

to Eyal's credit, boot time is important on any system. i'd love to be able
to say that debian is better for a hundred and one reasons because it boots
5 seconds faster than any other distro.

using a parallelized booting sequence probably won't make enough of a
difference for say, car mp3 players, to boot normally, instead of using
suspend to disk. still, it's a cool idea. as long as it can be done
gracefully.

--
Jacob Kuntz
underworld.net/~jake