Re: hardware-screensaver: dpms

* Henrique M Holschuh (hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br) [000925 19:22]:
> Maybe I'm not understainding what you guys want, but 'Option "power_saver"'

I never heard of "power_saver" before. and the manpage for XF86Config does not
mention, where it needs to be set. My XF86Config does not contain any option
of that name.

Could it be a compile-time-option?

But basicly the parameters

StandbyTime time
SuspendTime time
OffTime time

are the same than xset dpmi time time time, i guess.

But that gives us an idear about where the configuration should go, then: into
XF86Config. It is a feature of the xserver. And as such it could be used to
help the user to use a simple and _most_ efficient screensaver.

Would it make sense to set it in the x11 configuration dialog?