Re: ITP: ng - lightweight console-based editor with i18n support.

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 10:51:24PM +0900, Yasuhiro TAKE wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
> > Other than that, someone might help him standardize his grammar.
>
> Sorry for my poor skill of English. How about this?
>
> License:
>     Ng is free software. You can freely use, modify and redistribute this
>     program. For commercial use, the author wishes to be contacted,
>     but this is not a requirement. The author is not responsible
>     for any loss of profit or damage caused by the use of this program.
>
> Please note that this is just a translation for reference only.

Looks great, except that you can remove one tiny bit of ambiguity by saying
"any damage or loss of profit caused" instead.  This places the conjuction
"or" firmly between the two intended nouns, and not between one of the
nouns and a noun that is object of a subordinate preposition.

This is an excruciatingly nitpicky point, I concede.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   A great work of art has never caused any
Debian GNU/Linux                |   social problems.  Social problems are