Re: Debian in Yugoslavia

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:41:51PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 11:31:57AM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> > Tanovic, your reply is very hard to read!
>
> His first name is Branko, BTW.

Fair enough. I really should spend some time familiarising myself with
the different name-ordering conventions...

> > If you wish to make a serbo-croatian translation of www.debian.org, then
> > YES we are interested in your help (unless we already have enough
> > translators, I'm not sure).
>
> Since there is no Serbo-Croatian language, they could only translate it into
> Serbian, as there's already a Croatian translation of the web site.

Again, I plead rather pathetic ignorance ;-) Still, I hope my replies
to him were generally useful....

> He told me in private mail that he won't bother translating it, because most
> of them can read Croatian. I'm not sure if his compatriots will think that's
> appropriate; I guess we should just wait and let them decide what suits them
> best.

Indeed.  Like most people who make such requests to -devel he seemed a
little confused about the nature of debian; I hope I sorted that out.

While we're on the subject, maybe we need an official policy on the
debian.org.XX domains...

Jules