Re: RFC: it's so easy ...

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 03:06:38AM +0200, Daniele Cruciani <cruciani@cli.di.unipi.it> was heard to say:
> Now, suppose that this will be true for Debian, you can launch, say,
> gnome-apt, hit on search and install a package through apt/dpkg
> ... is it so easy ? without IE 5.5 :)

  I think there must be something similar, since someone just filed a bug
against aptitude saying that it should be possible to start it as root from
the menu system using..I think.."su-to-root".  I haven't investigated it much
yet (..must..do..differential..equations..), but it appears to be some sort of
program for starting stuff from menus that should run as root.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                       "...drums...drums in the deep!"                       |