Re: Alternatives to ftp.debian.org

Matt Taggart <taggart@fc.hp.com> wrote:
> By hand I run the list of mirrors
> (http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors) thru netselect to get the
> best one for the machine I'm on, then stick that in sources.list.

I tried that, I got a mirror with a low ping, low round trip and good
response, but it did not have the highest level of bandwidth of the mirrors.
Netselect does not measure bandwidth, which is the thing I am most interested
in when picking a mirror. It says in the README file for netselect that the
author knows about this, and might try and steal some code from bing to
implement this.

--
Don't worry  --  shop.