Re: Debian and KDE

Hi,

    as Maintainer of KDE for Debian I'd like to chime in.  kdelibs, kdesupport,
and kdoc all are sitting in incoming.  We had to wait till yesterday for qt2.2
to come out so that I could build it, then compile kde against it since
the GPL'd status doesn't mean squat if you build against the old libs which
aren't GPL'd. :)

This was all discussed on debian-devel and I was interviewed by a few online
mags....whether any of that went anywhere is not my problem.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 12:51:23PM -0300, Ben Woodhead wrote:
> >From the article I have read about debian Stand On KDE, which said that
> debian would like to help kde get there license issues resolved so kde could
> be put into debian. Perhaps, that was not the case, and debian just wanted
> to kick kde because you guys don't like it and the license issue was just a
> reason for the kicking.
> If I was wrong, I would have expected to see some news on the homepage
> saying "Yeah, KDEs is completely GPLed and will be included in debian", or
> at least something like that. After all the reading I did where debian was
> saying that they would love to have kde but its not free. Well its FREE know
> and I still don't see any of the people that where complaining about the
> license saying something about it.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II