Re: Problems with mail system? [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 11:33:21PM -0400, Buddha Buck wrote:
> Perhaps it's from being too geeky myself, but Branden's explanation
> (the recipient of the error message is not welcome on *THEIR* Internet
> under the reasoning that they're ... refusing connections from machines
> with characteristics like [his] (...simply no reverse DNS record))
> sounds like a fairly direct and accurate translation of "admisitrative
> prohibition (failed to find host name from IP address)".

Yes, that's what he said, but what he meant was that people shouldn't have
the right to decide who they accept mail from, and under what conditions.  I
guess it's been too long since we had that particular flamewar on
debian-devel.

--Adam