Re: RFC/ITP: everybuddy-cvs

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 04:06:33PM +0000, michael d. ivey wrote:
> I started making personal debs of the everybuddy CVS snapshots because EB
> releases tend to lag pretty far behind the code in CVS.  I called my
> package ebsnap, and made it conflict with everybuddy.  I put it on my
> site, and that was that.
>
> Now, I've adopted everybuddy and gotten through the NM process.  I'd like
> to add the CVS version to unstable...but I don't know what to call it.
> My current idea is everybuddy-cvs, and make it conflict with everybuddy,
> and conflict/replace ebsnap, for the people who may have downloaded
> ebsnap.  Is that the correct way to proceed?
>
> I'll be doing the rename and the upload sometime early next week.

Keep it the same name. Woody is unstable right now, there are a lot of
packages that are pre-release just for the sake of testing and working out
bugs. So, IMO, keep it the same name, and version it appropriately. Also
might add "This is a CVS build" at the bottom of the description.

Note, you can't break much anyway. I'm about ready to upload glibc 2.1.93
(pre-2.2) to woody anyway, so if anything is going to break, it's most
likely going to be my fault :)