Re: APT problem

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> writes:

> It means the libc6 package you have installed has a different md5sum then
> the package it finds on ftp.corel.com, and assumes that the version on
> ftp.corel.com is a newer recompile. Strange logic, but that is how
> libapt-pkg thinks.

this is something that has always bugged me about apt. i wish it would
assume that my local copy is a newer recompile (which is, almost
always, the case). sometimes i recompile packages to enable features
which are not on by default and then i have to put the packages on hold
because apt wants to get the remote ones.

can we please, please reverse the behaviour, or at least make it
configurable in /etc/apt/apt.conf, something like PreferLocal "yes".
if there is such an option and i missed it, please point it out to me.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |