Re: RFP: Quadra -- a multiplayer networked smooth tetris game

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 11:18:03AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  tetrinet? /me looks... wow.  Some people certainly dig this game, don't
>  they?

Yeah, and there is a group of people starting an Open Tetrinet project, so
the protocol gets some new development. It would break compatibility with
the Windows client, but they also plan to write a new, free one.

>  supports tetrinet, but I doubt it.  I don't know if gtetrinet /really/
>  requires GNOME (it says so on its readme and the package does require
>  the GNOME libs), Quadra doesn't.  As said, it's pretty much a self
>  contained package.

Removing the GNOME libs dependency is in the TODO list for Gtetrinet, afaict.

>  It sounds like you like tetris, perhaps you could take a look at Quadra
>  and point out if it's really worth the effort.  My naive non-tetris-fan
>  experience suggests people who like tetris would like this game.  But
>  my naive non-tetris-fan experience is turned into nothingness after
>  seeing what tetrinet is.

I'll have a look at Quadra, but if I have no time to play tetrinet now, I
doubt that would change for this other game.

--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E