Re: ITP: TuxRacer

[ no need to Cc: me]

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 05:35:29PM -0300, Nicol疽 Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org> wrote...

> > >  Why two packages?
> > If the data doesn't change much then it saves people a _large_ download.
> > OTOH if the data does change each release then I wouldn't bother.
>
>  Note that both packages have the same version, they are surely created from
> the same source package, and each tuxracer release will have its own
> tuxracer-data release. So, dear Watson, I must conclude that that wasn't the
> maintainer intention.

Actually Tux Racer comes in two modules upstream. Yes, they are released mostly
simultanously but I made the decicison to have separate source packages.

- wanted to orig.tar.gz be same as upstream
- tuxracer-data is architecture independent
- if I tweak the tuxracer package (-x+1 version), users wouldn't need to
  redownload the unchanged tuxracer-data

PS: I have been assigned an AM so I'll only need an sponsor for
    a short time.

Thanks.

--

	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF