Re: upstream libtool 0.3c does *not* use -rpath!!!

Am Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:01:21 Jason Gunthorpe Sie:

> On 31 Jul 2000, Brian May wrote:
>
> > Seriously, perhaps it has something to do with operation on other
> > platforms, some of which might not support LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I think
> > you would have to ask the upstream maintainers though...
>
> *sigh* I hate the 'lets make a good platform as bad as the worst platform'
> attitude of the auto* camp :<
>
> But that's just me, other people love their stuff <shrug>

Yes, because it *works*.

I can't overestimate the time the auto* guys saved me in porting
the distribution to the Hurd. And it is not "making the best as bad
as the worst". It is feature based, so on systems that support features,
you can enable them.

It's just: Don't demand the same behaviour from all.

Thanks,
Marcus