Re: traceroute vs. traceroute6

> > % find /sbin /usr/sbin -perm 4755
> > /sbin/unix_chkpwd                                       [1]
> > /usr/sbin/traceroute
>
> What about /usr/sbin/sendmail? I sometimes use it as a user on systems that
> I don't administer.  Should it be moved to /usr/bin using your argument?

 No, because sendmail isn't meant to be called by end users. `mail' is the
traditional interface to sendmail, and it's in /usr/bin. `traceroute' is a
user program, designed for users, and used by users... it obviously belongs
to /usr/bin.

 Anyway, you have been pointed to all these things for a long time now, you
won't change it (it would be like giving up the discussion, wouldn't it?).
 traceroute will be where it is until a change of its maintainer... so let's
find another things to argue... =)