Re: cupsys (was: Re: lprng as 'stantard' package)

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Brian May wrote:
>     Henrique> Eh? I don't follow you. CUPS is GNOME / KDE /
>     Henrique> insert-bloated-and-resource-hungry-desktop-model-here
>     Henrique> agnostic. Otherwise, it wouldn't be even eligible for
>     Henrique> being standard in Debian (IMHO, that is -- it has to be
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read, there isn't a
> GTK/GNOME frontend to CUPS. That is what I meant. However, you seem to

Well, AFAIK all CUPS front-ends are third-party made, so the existance of a
KDE frontend (and no GNOME frontend) means nothing about CUPS being
KDE-oriented. There is a X frontend (XPP), which should work fine no matter
what kind of X user you are, ne?

If the existance of KUPS without a respective GUPS (heh) bothers you, I
suppose you could just write it. That's exactly what someone who uses KDE
did :-)

  Henrique Holschuh