Re: cupsys (was: Re: lprng as 'stantard' package)

Henrique M Holschuh <hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br> writes:

> Actually, I usually like to preview what's going to get dumped into the
> paper, so I end up generating PS files and taking a peek using GV, so I
> rarely send anything other than pure PCL5 or PS to my old LJ4L...

Me too. That gives me an idea, that would be nice to have in any
advanced printing system: You should be able to preview any job
already in the queue.

So I would be able to suspend printing[1], send dvi, plaintext,
etc. stuff to the printing system, view the converted PS of the jobs
with ghostview, delete and redo any jobs I am not satisfied with, and
finally unsuspend when all went well.

Footnotes:
[1]  Actually, I'd like to be able for a user to say: all jobs from me
     henceforth should by default be suspended - suspending the whole
     queue is only a crotch.

--
Robbe