Re: packages linked against Qt

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:48:04PM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > Yes, we're all hoping that Troll makes the license
> > GPL-compatible.  There's no hope of change on the KDE side.
>
> TrollTech promised to release Qt 2.0 with GPL-compat license.
> Main reason for that promise was to kill Harmony developement.
> I doubt that promising licensing change for Qt 2.2 is
> for anything more than stopping poeple from making free
> (Qt isn't 100%-free) Qt-compitible toolkit.

Your grasp of the DFSG is obviously as complete as your understanding of
the GPL itself.

Please do the entire Linux-using portion of the world a favor and stay OUT
of this discussion.  Your FUD is the kind of crap that has given KDE the
excuse so long that even if they fixed the license problem it wouldn't be
good enough for us.  People spouting off ignorant things like the above
are just as responsible for the current state of affairs as the KDE people
are for their arrogance.

If you don't want to contribute to a solution, please just shut up and
quit contributing to the problem.

<Culus> "Hello?"  "Hi baybee"  "Are you Johnie Ingram?"  "For you I'll be
        anyone" "Ermm.. Do you sell slink CD's?" "I love slinkies"