Wanted: Perl interface to Debian Bugsystem

do we have a perl interface to the Debian Bugsystem which can query
the bug server(s), eg. wether a package(version) has (important) bugs
and which returns parameter like submit date, severity, version, etc?

I did not find a package containing that. The package debbugs only has
the cgi scripts through which you can ask the server and get HTML

eg. what is used to create the release critical bugs list?